Birth Doula Training
Are you passionate about supporting families during one of life s most profound experiences
Do you dream of making a positive impact on the birthing and breastfeeding journey of others? If so, join us for Atlanta's premier Doula training program and start your gateway to a fulfilling and rewarding career as a certified birth doula.
When I first began my doula journey it was at the height of the pandemic and families were limited in the support allowed in the room. It was heartbreaking watching new mothers have to choose between the needed support for their birth. Since that chaotic time frame, I have trained with several perinatal wellness trainings. I have attended over 50+ births and each one is anew . The information that I obtained and the advanced doula skills that I trained for began to become tangible solutions that made a difference in not only a more positive birthing experience but also protecting birth to breastfeeding rights with the sacred time of The Golden Hour for breastfeeding initiation. I was drawn to this field like most birth workers from the lack of support shown for the natural child birthing process and breastfeeding journey of my own body.
With my experience as a Holistic Birth Doula, holding certifications as a Certified Maternal Child Community Health Worker, Certified Maternal Heath Consultant and Certified Breastfeeding Specialist and working as a Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Certified Breastfeeding Specialist Mentor, it compelled me to create a community care through a Mind, Body and Babee standard model if care using the doula pillars of emotional and physical support. Professional doulas utilize intricate and complex emotional support skills when providing continuous support for women or birthing persons in labor. Re-framing fear into joy, this culturally humble training not only fulfills the knowledge and theory of doula care in an expanding career field, we also re-imagine natural childbirth through evidence based education that is informed, consensual and supported.
Why Our Doula Training
1. Comprehensive Curriculum: This meticulously crafted curriculum covers everything you need to know to become a knowledgeable and compassionate holistic birth doula. From the anatomy of pregnancy to hands-on labor support techniques, cultural competence, and business skills, we leave no stone unturned.
2. Expert Instructors: Learn from seasoned professionals who bring real-world experience and a wealth of knowledge to the training. Our instructors are committed to guiding you through the intricacies of doula work, providing insights, and sharing practical tips for success.
3. Hands-On Experience: Put theory into practice with our live case studies and hands-on training sessions. Develop essential skills, including physical comfort measures, emotional support strategies, and effective communication techniques, through realistic scenarios and simulations.
4. Business Savvy: Our training goes beyond doula skills; we equip you with the tools to thrive in the business aspect of doula work. Learn how to market yourself, build a client base, and navigate the administrative side of running a successful doula practice.
5. Certification Opportunities: Upon completion of our program, you'll have the opportunity to earn a certification that sets you apart in the field. Our certification process is rigorous, ensuring that you graduate with the skills and confidence needed to excel as a professional birth doula.
6. Supportive & Inclusive Community: Join a community of like-minded individuals who share your passion for supporting all bodies of families during the childbirth journey. Network, share experiences, and build lifelong connections with fellow trainees and experienced doulas.
7. Flexibility and Accessibility: This program is designed to accommodate your schedule. With flexible training dates and formats, you can pursue your doula certification at your own pace without compromising other commitments.
8. Make a Difference: By enrolling in our doula training, you are not just gaining a certification; you're joining a movement dedicated to empowering families and transforming the childbirth experience. Be a part of something extraordinary.
Don't miss the chance to turn your passion into a purposeful career. Enroll in our IMPACT Doula Training Program and embark on a journey that will not only enrich your life but also positively impact the lives of countless families.
Spaces are limited, so seize this opportunity now! Your path to becoming a certified birth doula starts here. Join our virtual doula information session today and be the change you want to see in the world of childbirth support.
Take the First Step: Register Today!
Meet The Team
Jada Metcalf, CCHW, CBS, Doula
I am a veteran wife and Mama of two boys. My mobile practice provides perinatal health services such as childbirth education, labor and birth support and beyond into the postpartum, I hold certifications as a Certified Maternal Health Consultant, Certified Maternal Child Community Health Worker, Certified Breastfeeding Specialist, Healthy Mothers Health Babies LER Certified Breastfeeding Specialist Mentor, trained PSI Perinatal Moods Disorder Advocate, NBDA Birth Doula and self taught Postpartum Doula. As a Full Spectrum Doula, I have attended Spinning Babies Parent Educator to efficiently teach fetal positioning, pelvic mechanics for labor and birth. II am currently training to become a Certifed Infant Massage Educator to increase the bonding experience with caregivers and their babee. I work with parents preparing for childbirth and breastfeeding initiation immediately after birth. I am a TOTs specialty trained practitioner utilizing the E3 model of care for oral assessments. I aim to change the trajectory of birth and bonding for Black and Brown families to reclaim autonomy of their bodies.
1. What is a doula?
A doula is a trained professional who provides emotional, physical, and informational support to individuals and families before, during, and after childbirth.
2. Why should I become a doula?
Becoming a doula allows you to make a positive impact on the childbirth experience, support families during a transformative time, and contribute to a more empowering and personalized birth process.
3. What does doula training cover?
Doula training typically covers anatomy and physiology, labor support techniques, emotional support, cultural competence, business skills, and the ethical considerations of being a doula.
4. How long does doula training take?
The duration of doula training can vary, but it often ranges from a few days to several weeks, depending on the program. Some programs may offer flexible schedules or online options.
5. Can anyone become a doula?
Yes, anyone with a passion for supporting others during childbirth can become a doula. Training programs often welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds, and there are no specific educational requirements.
6. Will I be certified after this training?
Yes. You will be certified under The Milk & Honey Co. LLC Doula training. Although we are not nationationally known just yet, this certificate of completion will verify attendance and training requirements. Currently there are no federal regulations for doula trainings as doulas only provide non medical emotional and physical support
7. Can I work as a doula while having another job?
Yes, many doulas work part-time or on a freelance basis while maintaining other professional commitments. The flexibility of doula work allows you to balance it with other responsibilities.
8. How much does doula training cost?
The cost of doula training varies depending on the program and location. Training fees may cover materials, certification, and sometimes ongoing support. Some organizations offer scholarships or payment plans.
9. Are hybrid doula training programs effective?
Yes, many reputable doula training programs offer online courses. These programs often include interactive elements, video demonstrations, and opportunities for virtual interaction with instructors and fellow trainees.
10. What ongoing support is available after completing training?
Reputable doula training programs provide ongoing support through mentorship, community forums, continuing education opportunities, and resources to help you build and grow your doula practice.
11. How do I find clients after completing training?
Training programs often include business development components, and many doulas build their client base through networking, word of mouth, and online presence. Utilizing social media and participating in community events can also be effective.
12. Is there a demand for doulas?
Yes, there is a growing demand for doula services as more individuals and families seek personalized and supportive care during childbirth. Doulas play a crucial role in enhancing the birthing experience for many.
These frequently asked questions provide a starting point for individuals interested in doula training, offering insights into the profession, training process, and practical considerations for those considering a career as a doula.